Thank you for your interest in signing up for the Heart of Texas Regional Emergency Notification System. The Heart of Texas Council of Governments, along with local counties and cities are proud to offer this service to the public. An emergency notification system gives local emergency management, public safety, and governmental jurisdictions a chance to inform the public in case of an emergency incident or public threat. This phone and email system is designed to provide emergency messages to you, the public, quickly and effectively should a need arise. Types of events that you may receive messages about are:
- Natural Disasters; such as fires, floods, severe weather
- Man-made disasters; bomb threats, hazardous material incidents, terrorism threats
- Evacuation notices and criminal threats
- Public health threats such as, boil water notices, health alerts
This does not preclude you from calling 911 for your emergency requests; it simply provides a means to disseminate critical information to the public via a mass notification system when the need arises. Your contact information is needed to ensure you can be contacted when emergency messages are sent by your local officials.
- We are constantly upgrading our database of landline telephone numbers registered in the Heart of Texas region. Since many individuals do not have a landline phone, we are most interested in obtaining cell phone numbers, email addresses, and Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP) phone numbers.
- If you have an address in the Heart of Texas region (Bosque, Falls, Freestone, Hill, Limestone, and McLennan counties), please register your information. In the event of a localized emergency, your information will be integrated within the notification system’s mapping capabilities. You may register both your home and work locations. Each county maintains a separate database for contacts who have registered for emergency notifications . If you live and work in different counties, you will need to register within each county’s database in order to receive emergency notifications from that particular county.
- Both business and household information are needed.
- The provided information will be only used for our emergency notification system and will not be used or released to others.
- Your email address will be your user name when you register your information.
We appreciate you taking the time to share this important information with us!Register for Emergency Alerts
The Heart of Texas Council of Governments