The deadline to submit an application is Friday, 4/17/15 5 p.m. EDT. Late applications will not be accepted.
Have Last-Minute Questions or Problems?
If you have last-minute questions about applying for a FP&S grant, or are having technical problems with the electronic application, call the Help Desk at 1-866-274-0960 or send an e-mail to email@example.com. The Help Desk staff will be on hand to help applicants through the end of the application period.
- Having computer or technical problems? Problems such as expired passwords, technical malfunctions, or loss of internet access, will not be accepted as excuses for late submissions. If you are having a technical problem with submitting your application, you must report the problem to the Help Desk before the application deadline of 5 p.m. EDT.
- Formal submission of the completed application is required. Many applications appear to be nearly complete or are 100 percent complete but have not been submitted formally into the electronic e-Grant application system. No application will be processed automatically or considered for funding unless the applicant properly submits the request and receives a subsequent e-mail confirmation.
- No confirmation e-mail received? If you have submitted your application but not yet received an e-mail confirmation in your e-Grant application mailbox, contact the Help Desk at once at 1-866-274-0960. All applicants should receive an e-mail confirmation to document their submissions.
It’s Not Too Late to Start Your Application
- Download and read the FY 2014 Fire Prevention and Safety Grants Funding Opportunity Announcement. It explains the purpose of the grant program, activities eligible for support, eligibility criteria, award criteria, application instructions, and Federal requirements for grantees.
- Visit the Fire Prevention and Safety Grants web page on the Assistance to Firefighters Grants (AFG) Website and use the additional application resources below to help you develop your grant application.
- FY 2014 FP&S Grants Self-Evaluation Sheet: This tool, based on the application scoring dimensions used by the peer reviewers, will help you assess your organization’s readiness to apply for a grant.
- FY 2014 FP&S Application Checklist: Collecting the information in this checklist before hand will reduce the time and energy needed to complete your application.
- FY 2014 FP&S Cost Share Calculator: In order to assist you with determining your organization’s Cost Share for FP&S Grants, a calculator and explanation of the formula is provided in this document.
- FY 2014 FP&S Grants Frequently Asked Questions
- Video: Community Risk Assessment and Fire Prevention and Safety Grants. This video describes how to conduct a risk assessment and how to use the results to plan and conduct community fire prevention and safety projects.
- Video: Fire Prevention and Safety Grants. This video covers the purpose of the grants, eligible organizations and activities, and award evaluation criteria.
- Complete your application at the AFG E-Grant Application Access page.
- Formally submit your application by Friday, April 17, 2015 by 5 p.m. EDT.
Contact the AFG Help Desk, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EDT, by calling toll-free 1-866-274-0960, or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Help Desk Specialists will be available to answer questions throughout the application period.